Pupil Premium Impact
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities and to close the gaps between them and their peers
We have high aspirations for all the children in our school community and believe that all children should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential. We seek, as a school community, to provide personalised learning opportunities and targeted support to allow every child to flourish.
As we recognise that not all pupils who are academically or socially disadvantaged are registered for free school meals, we reserve the right to allocate Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil, or group of pupils, identified by the school as being at a significant disadvantage.
In order to meet the above requirements, the Governing Body of Rotherfield Primary School will ensure that provision is made which secures the teaching and learning opportunities that meet the needs of all pupils.
Our aims at Rotherfield Primary School for 2017-18 are:
- Using accurate assessment to identify pupils' gaps in learning and accurate tracking to ensure provision is having an impact on progress.
- Staff modelling correct spoken English at all times; children improving the quality of written work as a result. Reading to be a high profile in the school environment, including use of the library.
- All teaching to be good or better in both whole class teaching and interventions. Assessment information used well to create dynamic provision to target and close the gaps for PP pupils.
- Targeting PP children for attendance action planning by employing a specialist Home School Support worker.
- PP pupils not missing lesson time and engaging well in the curriculum.